Have a look at the impressions of the Cast Expo in St. Louis Missouri!
The metal casting industry in the U.S. is on an upward rise and evidence of this excitement was displayed at the the Cast Expo 2013.
The exceptionally organized event was hosted by the AFS and held at the America's Center in St. Louis, Missouri from April 6th – 9th.
A recorded 7,192 metal casters attended the show, according to the AFS, and 450 exhibitors displayed their latest technology and equipment at the show. More than 170 featured presentations were held parallel to the event as well as the World Technical Forum.
“So much was happening on the show floor and a positive vibe filled the air,” said Jerry Call, AFS executive vice president. “It’s great to see all of the positive feedback we have already received from CastExpo’13 attendees and exhibitors.”
In addition to the exhibitors, top industry award winners were honored at the show.
Scott Giese, associate professor at the University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa, received the award for his “leadership in the technical development of foundry practices while educating the youth of our industry to meet the scientific demands of the future.”
Fred Major, retired research scientist, Rio Tinto Alcan International, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, was chosen for the award for “increasing the scientific understanding and extending the heat treat capabilities of the heat treatable cast aluminum alloy families.”
Douglas White, technical services manager, Elkem Materials Inc., Boca Raton, Fla., received the award for “contributions to the industry through practical research and sharing this information to further the knowledge of the cast iron industry.”
The following Corporate Member facilities are winners of the 2012 Millionaires Safety Award:
- NIBCO, Stuarts Draft, Va., achieved 2,000,000 hours worked on January 21, 2012.
- John Deere foundry, Waterloo, Iowa, won its sixth award, achieving 1,000,000 hours worked on June 26, 2012.
- Grede Holdings LLC, St. Cloud, Minn., achieved 1,000,000 hours worked on September 10, 2012.
- NIBCO Inc., Nacogdoches, Texas, achieved 1,000,000 hours worked on September 26, 2012.
The following Corporate Member facilities are 2012 winners of the Metalcasting Safe Year Award:
- Bremen castings Inc., Bremen, Ind.
- Clow Water Systems, Coshocton, Ohio
- Grede Holdings LLC, St. Cloud, Minn.
- Grede Holdings LLC, Brewton, Ala.
- NIBCO Inc.-Blytheville, Ark.
- NIBCO de Reynosa S.A. de C.V., Reynosa, Tamaulipas, Mexico
- NIBCO Inc., McAllen, Texas
- NIBCO Inc., Nacogdoches, Texas
- NIBCO, Stuarts Draft, Va.
- OSCO Industries-New Boston Division, New Boston, Ohio
- St. Paul Brass & Aluminum foundry, St. Paul, Minn.
- Tyco Fire Protection Products, Anniston, Ala.
- US Aluminum castings LLC, Entiat, Wash.
The 118th Metalcasting Congress will be held April 8-11, 2014, at the Renaissance Hotel & Convention Center, Schaumburg, Ill., and the 119th Metalcasting Congress will be April 21-23, 2015, at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, Ohio. Headquartered in Schaumburg, Ill., AFS is a not-for-profit technical and management society that has existed since 1896 to provide and promote knowledge and services that strengthen the metalcasting industry for the ultimate benefit of its customers and society.
With a focus towards the U.S metal casting Industry, foundry Planet takes you on a ride through the Cast Expo 2013 held in St. Louis.