Manitowoc, WI - A worker from Eck Industries in Manitowoc was sent to the hospital late Sunday night after a chemical leak in the aluminum foundry.
The Manitowoc Fire Department says it happened about 11:00 p.m.
Firefighters say a small amount of sulfur dioxide gas leaked from a tank.
One worker came into contact with the gas. He was taken to the hospital.
All workers, about 30 to 40 of them, according to the fire department, at the plant evacuated when the leak happened. No one else in the area was evacuated.
The fire department says Eck uses sulfur dioxide in its aluminum molding process.
According to the EPA, sulfur dioxide can be acidic and react with other chemicals to make dangerous compounds, and can cause respiratory problems.