The Scientific Committee of the 71st World Foundry Congress has officially announced the “Call for Papers” for the most important international technical event of the Metal-Mechanic industry, which under the theme “Advanced Sustainable Foundry” will take place in the city of Bilbao, Spain, between 19th-21st of May 2014.
Initially, an abstract of 500 words will be required, in which the professional should summarise the work carried out, give the main conclusions and findings and should indicate the significance of the work to the industry. The closing date for sending the abstracts will be 31st of May 2013.
The papers must be written in English and are sought on the following working areas:
- Environment and sustainability.
- Cast Iron (spheroidal, lamellar and vermicular graphite cast iron, austempered ductile iron and alloyed irons).
- Cast Steel.
- Non ferrous and light alloys (aluminium, magnesium, titanium, other non-ferrous alloy developments and metal matrix composites).
- Foundry technologies, equipment, manufacturing, tools, robotics and automation.
- Advanced engineering: design, calculation and simulation tools.
- Heat, cryogenic and surface treatments.
- Moulding, core making and rapid prototyping technologies.
- Pattern and tool making.
- Management, education and training.
Please find below the expected key dates for the presentation, assessment and definitive approval of technical papers. All applications and required documentation must reach the organisation by the deadlines given.
Authors are requested to register their submission through their national World Foundry Organization representatives. A full directory of international members is available on the webpage www.thewfo.com. For countries that do not belong to the World Foundry Organization, abstracts should be submitted directly to the following email address: papers(at)71stwfc.com
The works will be analysed based on the relevance and technological contribution to the sector, among other parameters. The authors will be informed by email of the acceptance or refusal of the document before 24th June 2013.
The 71st World Foundry Congress will also promote the participation of young researchers, technicians and PhD students, offering them the opportunity to assume an active role and to present their research works in this specialised international technical event. A special “Best Young Researcher Award” will recognise the best paper among participants.