ABB Robotics will host a Technology Days event on May 15th, 2013 at their North American headquarters and training center in Auburn Hills, Michigan. The event features a large exhibition floor with over 40 separate live robotic demonstrations, and 39 small-group, topic-specific seminars on a variety of robotic subjects. General and application specific information will be provided to benefit both those considering an initial foray into robotic automation, and those looking to upgrade or expand their existing robotic lines. ABB experts in virtually all industrial applications will be on hand to answer your questions as you tour the 55,000 sq ft facility.
Current and Prospective Robotic Customers – 8:00 am to 7:00 pm: The entire day is open to all current and prospective ABB customers. The demo floor will be open the full day, and the seminar schedule will run from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. This is a great opportunity for industry professionals to gain first hand intelligence and network with their peers across the full range of industrial robotic applications. Continental breakfast and lunch will be served.
Open House – 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm: A continuation of the customer and prospective customer session, with the doors open to anyone interested in learning more about robotics, including old friends, new friends, family, youth organizations and students. The full demonstration floor will be open and all ABB experts will be on hand. Dinner will be served.
For more information, including a full list of seminars, and to register, please visit: www.cvent.com/d/gcqv9x.
A sampling of the robotic exhibits and demonstrations includes:
- General Applications, including new technologies in integrated vision, robotic safety, machine tending, and simulated programming.
- Welding and Cutting, featuring fully equipped cells for those looking to set-up an initial robotic welding operation, advanced laser welding and cutting technology, and a 10-axis robot system consisting of a smaller 6-axis robot attached to the arm of a larger 4-axis robot for long reach applications.
- Packaging, highlighting a three robot palletizing cell with new software for far easier programming, three demos with the high speed FlexPicker including the new 8Kg model, and two demos with the IRB 120, ABB's smallest 6-axis robot.
- Painting, including three separate demos ranging from basic to highly sophisticated, displaying systems for paint operations of all sizes, each providing thorough and consistent paint coverage while delivering significant paint savings.
- Service and Training, featuring ABB's full training portfolio, robotic cells dedicated to training, live remote service demonstrations, and the robot reconditioning program.
- Powertrain, covering the complete capabilities of robotic automotive Powertrain systems, with escorted tours of selected demonstrations.
- The Lighter Side, a 70" SmartTV attached to the arm of a robot, creating a unique viewer experience by bringing virtually unlimited, 6-axis motion to the video media. RoboScreens® first gained prominence in 2010 when a group of large model RoboScreens travelled the globe as main stage props for the Bon Jovi Circle Tour.