The Switzerland based Alu Menziken Group has built a new green-field production site in Romania. On the area of about 20,000 square meters two extrusion lines and one aluminium casthouse are now running successfully since more then a year.
The Alu Menziken Group consists the Alu Menziken Extrusion AG with plants in Reinach and Menziken in Ranshofen and has set up the third production site in Satu Mare (Romania).
Alu Menziken has installed in Satu Mare a new remelt casthouse of 45.000 Tons/year, one 60 MN extrusion line and one 10 MN extrusion line including the heat treatment solutions.
Cometal Engineering SPA, the well-known Company, leader in engineering, manufacturing and installation of cast houses and extrusion lines, located in Montichiari, Brescia in Italy, has acted as the turn-key supplier for the whole plant supplying the complete remelt cast house and upstreaming and down streaming of the extrusion lines including n.5 ageing ovens for the heat treatment of the profiles.
The casthouse includes:
- A twin-chamber tilting melting furnace dry sole,85 Ton capacity, with automatic charging machine and automatic skimming machine
- A tilting holding furnace,32 TON capacity
- A complete vertical casting machine with casting tables for 5”,7”,9”and 12” billets and the related cooling system
- A logs heads and tails cutting line
- Two homogenizing furnaces, 45 TON capacity/each, with one cooling chamber and an automatic stacker for logs.
The extrusion includes the complete upstreaming and down streaming of new generation such as:
- Automatic vertical storage
- Low consumption Billet heater
- Quenching system BICS (Balance Intensive Cooling system)
- Heat treatment ovens with lateral charge
By this new important project, Cometal Engineering has confirmed itself as a “leader” in aluminium plants market. This confirmation is the results of a 40 years presence in the aluminium market and of an industrial strategy, based on consistent investments in R&D and Human Resources, thanks to the continuous contacts with Technical Universities and, mainly, due to a strong attention to the growing needs of the Customers, for which Cometal Engineering is not only a simply supplier, but a real partner.