The companies making announcements include a global automotive supplier locating its first U.S. engineering center and an iron castings company expanding in wind energy.
Projects and incentives include:
• A state tax credit of $7.8 million over 10 years for CareTech Solutions Inc. in Troy that is expected to create 440 jobs.
• Pulte Homes Inc. plans a $10-million expansion in Oakland County that could create up to 350 jobs over several years.
• Illinois based-CAU Acquisition Co. plans to expand its operations in Ithaca, investing $1.6 million and creating 186 jobs.
• EPC- Columbia Inc., a thermal plastic injection molding company, will invest $8 million to launch operations in St. Clair, creating 250 jobs.
• ESI North America Inc., an engineering software and services provider, is investing $4.4 million to expand operations in Bloomfield Hills, creating 110 jobs.
• Howa USA Holdings Inc. of Japan, specializing in automotive interior products, plans to invest $712,000 in a new research center in Novi, creating 25 jobs.
• A $5.5-million tax credit will help developer Conner Creek Village Development Corp. continue transforming the former St. John Northeast Community Hospital campus in Detroit, creating 25 jobs.
• State and local tax breaks valued at $15.8 million and a state tax credit worth $2 million will support the redevelopment of the former Kirsch Manufacturing plant in Sturgis, creating 600 jobs.
• State and local taxes valued at $282,800 will support the expansion of Rifkin Scrap Iron and Metal Co. in Saginaw, creating 15 jobs.
• State and local tax capture will support the redevelopment of a blighted building in Wyoming, near Grand Rapids, to be used as a work area for Control Tech Manufacturing, creating 20 jobs.