The American Wind Energy Association is proud to host its 2nd Supply Chain Workshop in 2008.
After the first workshop attracted over 600 representatives from a diverse range of industries, including foundries, tooling companies, gearbox manufacturers, railroads and other transportation providers, electronics manufacturers and metal fabricators, as well as state economic development officers, it was clear that a second workshop was needed to meet the needs of the industry.
The wind industry is experiencing unprecedented growth, which is bringing major supply chain challenges to the industry while it aggressively “ramps up” domestic manufacturing of wind turbines and their components. As a result, there is significant opportunity for state and local governments, manufacturers and component suppliers across all industries to help feed the supply chain and grow their business.
Topics to be covered:
• The anatomy of a turbine
• A wind industry overview
• What makes up the wind industry supply chain
• Underground utilities and how energy from wind is converted
• Networking opportunities
Part 2: Full-Day Conference Program
• AWEA Executive Report: the market, the trends, the drivers
• Status report on supply chain shortages and bottlenecks
• Focus on parts: Tower, Blades, Nacelle, Electronics
• The sourcing of wind turbines
• The top tiers of the supply chain defined
• Supply chain conversion success stories
• Networking opportunities with the companies you need to meet
Who should attend:
- Wind turbine manufacturers
- Manufacturers and suppliers of a wide range of mechanical and electrical components, including generators, hydraulics, sensors, hardware, drives, power distribution, composites, cabling, big steel, castings, forgings, bearings, gearboxes.
- Turbine component manufacturers seeking to establish operations in the U.S.
- Construction equipment and suppliers such as cranes, concrete, rebar
- Transportation companies supporting large scale items over land, rail and sea
- State and local offices of economic development
- Operations and maintenance service companies
- Project Developer / Operator
- Government Agency
Limited Exhibition and Sponsorship opportunities are available at this workshop.