Vulcan Engineering recently shipped a 16 ton Gantry Style Donovan Manipulator. The unit is designed to move over a conveyor to draw the flask package, lift and move the flask to a coating area. Once there, the Rollover will rotate the flask to allow for manual coating of the mold. After coating, the rollover will move the flask to another conveyor and set the flask on a bottom board to transfer to curing. Another similar manipulator closes the molds at the end of the line.
- Hydraulically operated with a separate hydraulic unit
- Heavy-duty gantry steel structure
- Horizontal traveling bridge
- PLC Controlled for automatic operation
- Rigid fabricated vertical frame for up and down movement
- Positive clamping for securing and holding the flask in place during travel and rotation
- Adjustable traveling arms to allow for handling of several flasks sizes.
Donovan™ Mold Handling equipment is a product of Vulcan Engineering Co. and is designed to handle, roll over and close cope, drag or complete molds or flasks. This equipment can hold different molds level regardless of center of gravity. Vulcan Engineering has built capable hydraulic systems that can run continuously without overheating. Self-contained hydraulics ensure low maintenance, trouble-free operation.
Securely hold molds for core setting, venting, cleaning and closing, without loss of position. Eliminate the use of belts and chains by employing the long-wearing gear drive. Systems and equipment are available for use on molds with flasks as well as flaskless (nobake) molds.