Karnal (PTI): Three labourers were killed and another fell ill after some poisonous gas leaked from the Chimney of an iron foundry on Gongripur road here on Friday, police sources said.
The victims, who died on the spot, were identified as Akbar Ali (35), a resident of Dadupur Roran village, Satish Kumar (27), a resident of Pingli village and Jasmer (25), a resident of Narukheri village.
The fourth labourer Rajendar Kumar (25), who fell unconscious following the gas leak, was recovering in a local hospital, the sources said adding that he was out of danger.
The cause of the leakage of the poisonous gas from the chimney or the name of the gas was not yet known; the sources said adding that investigations were on.
All the labourers were working in the foundry since past about eight years.
Police has registered a case against the factory owner Babu Ram on the complaint of another labourer Mangal Singh. No arrest has been made so far.