Altair, a global technology company providing solutions in product development, high-performance computing and data analytics, announced it has launched its new 3D design and rendering solution Altair Inspire Studio.
Inspire Studio is a new solution for innovative designers, architects and digital artists to create, evaluate and visualize designs faster than ever before. With unrivaled flexibility and precision, its unique construction history feature along with multiple modeling techniques empowers users throughout the creative process. Building on the functions of Altair Evolve, Inspire Studio introduces a sleek, enhanced user experience. Each tool and workflow are now optimized for an efficient design experience from initial sketches to exploring styling with freeform, solid and PolyNURBS parametric modeling.
Also included in the launch is Inspire Render, a 3D rendering and animation software that enables users to quickly generate photorealistic renderings and animations of their products with physically-based lighting.
“We are very pleased with these two new solutions for the global industrial design community," said James Dagg, CTO at Altair. "Inspire Studio builds on our previous industrial design tool, Evolve, while going beyond Evolve’s capabilities. Inspire Studio will enhance designers’ creativity by letting them drive their designs. It offers an intuitive user interface and a powerful construction history, allowing them to quickly create and explore multiple iterations of their design. Relying on the same modern user experience with powerful interactive, full progressive and raytracing rendering engine, Inspire Render will help designers quickly run photorealistic renderings and walkthrough animations on GPUs and CPUs.”
Running on both MacOS and Windows as a standalone product or under Altair’s flexible units-based licensing model, Inspire Studio and Inspire Render open up designers’ creativity from the constraints of traditional CAID tools, all while ensuring the export of robust digital models for product development.
Key features of Inspire Studio include:
- Construction History - Automatically backtrack to an earlier stage of your design, reusing or modifying objects from past stages in real-time.
- Sketching - Create and edit constraint-based 2D technical sketches by easily applying geometric relationships between components.
- Surfaces and Curves - Utilize Non-uniform Rational B-Splines (NURBS) curves and surfaces to accurately represent even the most complex shapes with flexibility and precision.
- PolyNURBS - Combine the ease and simplicity of polygonal modeling with the precision and flexibility of NURBS to quickly create free-form solid geometry that is smooth and continuous.
- Rendering and Animation - Create high-quality rendered images and animations with physically-based, global-illumination engine in biased photorealistic, unbiased and Presto interactive modes.
- Tool Belts - Access the most common tools for 3D modeling, sketching and PolyNURBS right from the graphics area in one click. Tool Belts may be customized to meet specific needs.
“Altair Inspire Studio is the ideal tool that enables me to experiment, research, and discover shapes that otherwise would be just an idea, an image in my mind,” said Luca Palmini, designer and owner of Row Design. “As a designer, I appreciate the quality of the modeler and the simplicity managing individual components, allowing me to continuously apply changes in the quest for the perfect balance between form and function.”
Inspire Studio and Inspire Render will be introduced to the global designer community in November during a one day launch event in Italy, and at the Altair booth during Formnext, in Frankfurt from November 19-22, 2019, hall 11.1, booth E11.