Our client is a world class manufacturer of high quality machined cast components supporting globally Motorsport, Automotive OEM’s and Defence customers with cutting edge design and prototype components manufacture.
The company specialises not only in producing high integrity castings such as engine blocks and cylinder heads but supporting their customers from casting development through to supply of a finished machined parts. The company is considered to be a leading manufacturer of high integrity precision Aluminium, AlBronze, copper and steel components for the Aerospace/ Defence, Automotive and General Engineering industries.
FOUNDRY METHODS ENGINEER
• To provide technical assessment of castability and quality requirements of new products from sales enquiry stage of the process.
• To perform solidification simulations using appropriate software programs.
• To oversee pattern/die design, quotation, construction and delivery.
• To manage sample/prototype process flow (from pattern construction, casting, after-cast to final clearance for production) of all new products.
• To provide technical input to all areas of moulding/casting with respect to problem resolution, cost reduction and new technology implementation.
• To be ‘hands on’ on all matters relating to methoding, casting process and order processing.
• Contribute to technical matters relating to all production processes and development of castings.
• To liaise and consult with company suppliers with respect to product methoding issues.
• To perform ongoing improvement through continuous assessment plans and process development.
• To be involved in investigating and identification of all matters relating to product failure.
• To provide technical guidance for operators and other personnel within the areas of foundry methoding.
• Degree educated level in a subject related to Metallurgy, Metals Technology, Materials Science, Foundry Technology or similar discipline together with a high level of knowledge and experience related to molten metal production.
• Progressive career within the sand casting production industry leading to several years of production, methoding and/or operational related experience.
• A high level of practical knowledge of foundry methoding and simulation and a trade background of moulding/pattern/core assembly is essential particularly in the use of sand moulding in an automated/semi automated/jobbing foundry.
• Be able to demonstrate proven skills & knowledge to utilise foundry solidification simulation software such as CAD, Magma.
• Have proven experience of working with foundry shop floor and technical teams.
• Evidence of the ability to methoding specific customer’s requirements in relation to casting requirements from initial conception to final delivery.
• Must have fluent business English (written & spoken)
• Evidence of understanding and experience with process improvement systems such as Six Sigma etc.