Somehow IW GUSSPUTZ and PS autogrinding were already destined for each other, because both companies operate with virtually the same logo: The grinding wheel with sparks.
Here is a brief history of IW GUSSPUTZ, which is a combination of three companies:
• In 2006, the engineering company IW-PROJEKT GmbH started up with headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany. It successfully implements international projects in the field of mechanical engineering and installations, with production at economic locations in Europe and Asia, especially Turkey.
• In 2010, the post-processing, casting finishing and logistics company IW-GUSSPUTZ GmbH near Aschaffenburg, which from 2020 implemented the first automation lines with PS AutoGrinding Ltd
• In 2016, the foundation of IW-STEELTEC AS, a company specialized in the manufacture of machinery and installations, based in the coastal industrial site of Izmir / Turkey, the youngest company of the IW group of companies.
Today, IW GUSSPUTZ GmbH is a service provider for high-precision machining and even more logistics.The company in Babenhausen manufactures ready-to-install castings as a system supplier.
With over 100 employees and significant investments, the company has a production capacity of over 9000 production hours.Over the next four years, more modern CNC machines will be successively installed, for more than 80 000 production hours of available capacity.
The company is really ahead of the game in cast cleaning and fettling
- 3 000 m² with inlet and outlet by truck with full roof
- Ca. employees (production, quality, logistic and management) in two shifts and possibly in three shifts with appropriate ordering requirements.
- Warehouse and logistics: Extended storage options: - approx. 400 boxes
Servicing of IW GUSSPUTZ:
- Manual cutting for cluster or by CNC robot hexapod Fanuc
- Manual Grinding or CNC part grinding Koyama 400S, 500TT, 500TTXL
- Part sandblasting
- Endoscopic control
- Dip or spray paint
- Storage and delivery to the end customer.
- Machining and assembly of components
“Four Koyama robotic grinding centers optimize planning efficiency and reliability…”
When four Koyama robots were purchased at the grinding centre in 2020, the efficiency and reliability of planning was greatly improved and enhanced, said CEO Mr. Sefah R. Altun.
"Never again Bench grinder!" "Is the joy of all our employees who have worked regularly at this workplace so far. And for everyone, because the conversion of the hand grinding workstations to automated grinding has given the casting cleaning team a lot of momentum since January 2020. Everyone is enthusiastically jumping into the courses. internal training, because the new grinding centers take over all arduous grinding work after the current conversion phase and thus also their exposure to noise, dust and the risk of injury. In the future, tireless machines will form the technical basis for reliable and consistent grinding quality for all castings processed, fewer rejects and more efficiency in the entire outsourcing workflow.
In the same year, they ordered ordered: 2 x 400S, 1 x 500TT, 500TTXL
New five-year plan already in place – Focus on sustainability and fettling of Cast aluminium parts
Managing Director Sefah Altun already has the next five-year plan in the pipeline. An important focus here is sustainability. Planned for this is certification according to DIN EN ISO 14001 (environmental management and resource efficiency). Parallel to this a solar system covering more than 5000 m² is to be installed on the company's own roofs,
In view of rapidly rising energy costs, this will not only benefit the environment. With the construction of an additional 2000 m² production area for fettling and machining of cast aluminium parts, the range of services offered is to be further expanded by 2025.