On 10. and 11.September 2012 Elkem organized a technical seminar for iron foundries in Weinheim, Germany. Weinheim is located ca. 50 km south of Frankfurt. This was the 3rd seminar organized for Elkem Foundry Products customers in the German sales area.
In total 50 participants came from leading foundries in Germany, The Netherlands, Switzerland and Austria joined the conference
Roland Hennigfeld as chairman of the seminar opened the session with a presentation about Elkem and guided through the papers with speakers from Elkem about:
- Optimizing Rare Earth content in foundry alloys
- Inoculation Theories and Reality
- Production of Elkem Foundry alloys in Bremanger and Bjolvefossen
and guest speakers from the
- University of Darmstadt about “Machining of cast iron”,
- University of Clausthal “ Material design of grey iron by usage of thermo-dynamical calculations” and the
- German Foundrymen Association BDG “Development of the German foundry industry within the global environment”
The participants appreciated the wide range of topics and the quality of the presentations. Elkem received a lot of positive feedback. There was time during the breaks for discussions and to establish contacts among the foundrymen. This was especially the case during the evening gathering which took place in a historical brewery in Weinheim.