Exhibitors from key AM industry companies at the 2019 pre-forum event; Additively produced metal component
The potential benefits of AM across different Japanese industries is expected to attract a wide array of professional trade visitors to the upcoming forum, including those from the automotive, medical technology and electronic engineering sectors.
The forum will provide these visitors, as well as exhibitors and conference attendees with an informative business platform and important networking opportunities.
Just a few of the leading exhibitors confirmed to participate include: DMG MORI Co.,Ltd, TRUMPF Corporation, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Machine Tool Co., Ltd., and Toray Precision Co., Ltd.
“Despite widespread industry disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, AM is set to continue transforming global supply chains thanks to the agility and cost saving benefits that the process provides,” said Mr Yasushi Kajiwara, Managing Director of Messe Frankfurt Japan Ltd. “In fact, AM is now widely used to design and print medical equipment for suppliers and hospitals responding to COVID-19.Formnext Forum Tokyo will conduct a deep-dive into AM topics across a wide range of industry segments, while also providing networking opportunities to help industry players gain new business contacts and share expertise.”
To ensure the safety of participants during the fair, Messe Frankfurt Japan Ltd will put all of the appropriate safety and hygiene measures in place, following guidelines set out by the Japan Exhibition Association and the Tokyo Metropolitan Industrial Trade Center.
Innovative forums to address future AM development opportunities Formnext Forum Tokyo will feature a number of concurrent seminars and special product and technology presentations by Japanese industrial associations.
Some highlights include:
- Achievements of Next-generation industrial 3D printer development project and future prospects Hideki Kyogoku, Kindai University, Technology Research Association for Future Additive Manufacturing (TRAFAM) 12:30pm, 24 September
- 3D printing technology by LMD method using a high intensity blue diode laser Masahiro Tsukamoto (Ph.D), Osaka University 11:00am, 25 September
A virtual presentation by the ACAM Aachen Center for AM will also be delivered to an audience at the venue with Japanese and English interpretation. Topics include:
- Discover3DPrinting - For professionals of all stripes who are considering including AM in their production process, but struggle to find information or access to the relevant technologies. 16:00 (JST), 24 September
- Design for AM - Provides an overview of design possibilities and approaches in AM. The webcast will cover basic design paradigms for AM as well as sophisticated design concepts and evaluate those concepts in terms of costs and effort. 16:00 (JST), 25 September
Held annually, Formnext Forum Tokyo attracts the entire spectrum of AM stakeholders. The forum covers an array of advanced technology and all of the upstream and downstream AM processes and equipment, including materials, powder metallurgy, design, software, and postprocessing technologies.
Formnext Forum Tokyo is part of a series of international events including:
- Formnext: 10 – 13 November 2020, Frankfurt, Germany
- Asiamold: 3 – 5 March 2021, Guangzhou, China
- Rosmould: 15 – 17 June 2021, Moscow, Russia
- Formnext + PM South China: September 2021, Shenzhen, China
Formnext Forum Tokyo is organised by Messe Frankfurt Japan Ltd. To find out more, please visit www.formnextforum.jp