As is so often the case, it is the interplay of innovative and creative forces that ultimately gives rise to the approach to further develop a technology.
SCANIA and GEMCO Engineers teams have inspired SAVELLI to develop a state of the art horizontal flask molding line which is really innovative and for this reason SAVELLI was thankful to them.
As Francesco Savelli, the head of the company, explains the team is really proud to have contributed to this important achievement, installing the most advance equipment that can be found today in the Foundry Industry according to real sustainability criteria and solutions.
MAIN FEATURES OF SAVELLI F1 HORIZONTAL FLASK MOLDING LINE to produce engine blocks and cylinder heads at SCANIA CV AB new cast-iron foundry in Södertälje, Sweden:
- Mold’s size: 1.500 x 1.100 x 850 mm
- Production rate: 60 molds / hour
- Mold’s compaction process: by SAVELLI Formimpress high pressure double squeezing
- Cooling time: 490 minutes in flask
- Drives units: SAVELLI El-Mecs (horizontal and vertical electro-mechanical by SIEMENS servomotors)
- Typology: heavy-duty, fully automatic and integrated
- Supervisory control and data acquisition: SAVELLI-SIEMENS SIMATIC WinCC Professional
- High-energy saving
- Industry 4.0 compliant
This high performance sophisticated molding line is characterized by high complexity and deep customization.
The POSO or separation area (punchout-shakeout ) where the green sand is separated from cores and the heavy castings is the most innovative and represent the most complex solution.
SAVELLI was selected for its flexibility and for its capability to follow all the customer’s requirements.
In fact, for some time now, SAVELLI is supporting its customers to link Preventive and Predictive Maintenance and Spare-parts Inventory and is working with them for new data collection systems (telemetry for preventive and predictive maintenance through special sensors); this is a real new way to approach in this old but still vital Industry