IndustriALL Global Union represents 50 million workers in 140 countries in the mining, energy and manufacturing sectors and is a force in global solidarity taking up the fight for better working conditions and trade union rights around the world.
IndustriALL challenges the power of multinational companies and negotiates with them on a global level. IndustriALL fights for another model of globalization and a new economic and social model that puts people first, based on democracy and social justice.
IndustriALL strives to:
- Build stronger unions
- Organize and increase union membership
- Fight for trade union rights
- Fight against precarious work (including contract and agency labour)
- Build union power to confront global capital
- Promote industrial policy and sustainability
- Promote social justice and globalization
- Ensure equal rights and women’s participation
- Create safe workplaces
- Improve democracy and inclusiveness
Founded on 19 June 2012, the new organization brings together affiliates of the former global union federations: International Metalworkers' Federation (IMF), International Federation of Chemical, Energy, Mine and General Workers' Unions (ICEM) and International Textiles Garment and Leather Workers' Federation (ITGLWF).
IndustriALL Global Union represents workers in a wide range of sectors from extraction of oil and gas, mining, generation and distribution of electric power, to manufacturing of metals and metal products, shipbuilding, automotive, aerospace, mechanical engineering, electronics, chemicals, rubber, pulp and paper, building materials, textiles, garments, leather and footwear and environmental services.